Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

The sound on Contraband is absolutely amazing. The guitar work that Slash uses is simply taking every other modern band to school. Velvet Revolver is bringing back pure rock n roll. The drumming is also pretty good, just like the 70s-80s era. Pretty much every song is in standard tuning which is good because like I said, it's like the time when rock n roll kicked major ass. I am stunned on how good Velvet Revolver is. The funny part is I expected this, but I am still surprised.

Scott Weiland's lyrics are ok throughout the album and his voice is perfect for all of the songs. He deserves to be in such a good band after his STP break up. Working with Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave has brought up his skills in the Lyrics department.

This album is one of the best I own. Better than the majority of the 60+ albums I listen to frequently. Since I bought it, I just can't stop listening to it. Amazing riffs on the bass, guitar and drums and most importantly the guitar solos are back! Slash pulls out a face - melter (as Jack Black says) in practically every song. I recommend that if you consider yourself a rocker, you buy this album. It kicks everybody's ass. I am still shocked on how good this album is, even though I expected that. There are a couple slower songs on the album which were pretty good, but I like those six songs the best. Guns n Roses + STP = One of the best bands ever! This album is kick ass!