Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

Right from the 1st song (Sucker Train Blues), you hear an eerie intro, then sirens come on, and bam the G and E chords blast you away! Slash knows how to rock! He still has crazy and good kick ass solos. Duff still playing the bass great, and still has good vocals.

The lyrics, just some, dont make sense, but screw it, it's Scott Weiland. I went to see them at the Wiltern on the 8th, and I was surprised at how great Scott sounds live. He sounds great on the CD, but live he sounds much better. Highlights with vocals are in fall to pieces, you got no right and in loving the alien.

Obviously Nothing will ever come close to the best album ever, Appetite For Destruction, but this is one of those albums that you could pop in the cd player, n not skip a single track because it's that good. This album is worth buying in all 3 flavors (by flavors I mean colors). I shoulda got all 3 the same day, but I needed money for the show. Best show ever, if you get a chance go out and see them, they are the best band around!