Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

Before buying this album you should not expect to hear anything related to Guns 'N' Roses music or Stone Temple Pilots. This bands music is not the combination of either, so if you go and buy the album thinking they are then you will be surprised because all your going to hear is a new band named Velvet Revolver. The cd it self starts off great with an energetic bass line followed by the guitar. The music they make is what hasn't been made in yrs., it's just rock no pop no nothing else. The riffs are great, the only minor problem is that slash plays solos that sound unfinished (no disrespect to him, he's the man!)

The lyrics are different from what we hear today, which is really good. It's not an I love you and you broke my heart crap. They have topics about cocaine, satan, and other good stuff.

This is the best rock album of the year, from fast melodies to slow ones that relax you this album has it all. I love that they didn't try to make music like the other bands they were in. I hate that the solos aren't super long but this cd was still worth the 15 bucks I spent on it. If someone were to steal this album I would cry but I wouldn't buy it again not because their not worth it but because I don't have much money.