Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

I'm just going to say that this crap sucks. Guns N' Roses is dead, and so is STP, so why mix the two? This music is really lame. I think Slash is a great guitarist, but even he couldn't save this album.

These lyrics could've been collectively written by a room full of retarded third graders. Very, very basic and poor, unlike some of Weiland's previous work with STP. Everything that the lyrics bring to the table has already been said before by the likes of Journey or Culture Club. Absolutely pathetic.

Well, since GNR sucked to begin with and most of its members have wormed their way into Velvet Revolver, I think we're doomed from the start on this one. Scott Weiland has no creative energy left, and I also think that he's opted for an "alternative lifestyle". Have you seen their videos? If so, then you've also been given the distinct pleasure of watching him strut his pasty white ass around in hip-huggers and no shirt. I'd say he looks like what would happen if Callista Flockhart was ever raped by David Bowie. But, if you just can't get enough of that insincere, rock-star-reject, my-life-sucks, I'm-a-failure-without-you, you're-oppressing-me-and-I-think-I'm-going-to-cry corporate rock of today, then this is the best thing since white milk. If you have any sort of intuition, respect for music, or even if you're just plain budget savvy, you will not buy this album.