Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

This is one of the best Rock bands of this year. They have a unique sound that is diffrent from either GNR or STP but they have the same kick ass attitude they have always have. One or two of the songs sound just like a GNR or STP song but the solo usually makes it seem like its new. Slash is brillant and has a unique style that not many people of his time or anytime for taht matter have. He combines the hard rock of the late 80's with some of the best Blues you can find. He is very skilled and good at what he does.

The lyrics of Contraband are unique but some how remined me of how STP's lyrics were but with a diffrent eomtion. With Scott Weiland sobering up his vocals and apperance have grown thus making him able to make the awesome lyrics you have in this CD. He has succsfully made the lyrics in the same delivarence of the music and with Slash's blues/rock solos and riffs. Scoot Weiland is a f--king genius!

I think this is one of the best CD's of the year. It is unique from what has been shown this year and completly kills Jet and other poser bands. some of the most impressive songs of the album are "Sucker Train Blues", "Set Me Free", "Do It For The Kids", "Big Machine", and of course "Slither". I love the blues/rock style of Slash with the straight up no lie lyrics of Weiland. I absolutly love this album and have no flaws with it what so ever. If this CD was lsot or stolen I would instantly go out and get a new one without a doubt!