Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

Slash is a kick ass guitarist, one of the best ever. His riffs on the album are excellent, his solos even better. Dave is also very good and Duff's bass is also excellent. Matt keeps an amazing beat on every song. For a great hard rock song check out one's like 'Sucker Train Blues,' 'Set Me Free,' 'Dirty Little Thing' and especially 'Slither,' the best song on the album and my favorite song ever. And this is coming from someone who loves Zeppelin and The Beatles. The ballads Fall To Pieces, You Got No Right, and Loving The Alien are also highlights. The music on this album kicks ass.

I've always thought Scott Weiland was a great lyricist, even if his lyrics are a bit confusing. His lyrics are personal and really cool too. For instance, I love the one: 'man here comes the water it comes to wash away the sins of you and I' on Slither. That just sounds cool. Scott is a great singer too.

Velvet Revolver is the most talented and awesome rock band you'll find out there today. Scott, Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave are all really talented people and great musicians. GN'R and STP were great bands, GN'R being one of my all time favs. You will not regret buying this album.