Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

Velvet Revolver has an amazing sound. It wasn't just a mix of GN'R and STP, like some people have said. It has amazing guitar riffs, and short yet amazing solo's. I was really amazed by the album. Very good, and definitely beats the shit called music we're stuck with today.

The lyrics on some of the songs confused the s--t out of me, and some still do, but they're still well thought of. Scott has an amazing voice, and always had one. The lyrics fit perfect with the songs on the album proving that no member of VR has lost talent in the past years.

My overall impression was that this is the type of band we need around, real rock and roll. No nu-metal emo s--t, just the real thing. Sucker Train Blues is probablly one of the most impressive songs on the album, with it's drum beat, amazing guitar riff's, great bass lines, awesome solo, and powerful lyrics, it can own you. I love the album cause it isnt what people say, it isn't a mix of GN'R and STP, it's a whole different band with a different yet still amazing sound. If it was ever stolen from me, I'd track the bastard down and shoot them with nothing other than a Revolver.