Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

I was a little skeptical when I bought this album because I'm a pretty good GN'R fan, but I didn't know how long VR would stay together anyway. But I bought it and I was surprised at how well Scott fits with the band. Slash had a lot of good solos, Duff's bass was actually very good with him playing intros in a lot of songs. Matt's drumming seems to have improved a lot, and that Dave seems to be a pretty good rhythm guitarist. a good overall rock sound.

Scott's singing actually fits better it the bands sound than Axl Rose's voice, although I'm sure axle is more talented. they sing about some good things, which is cool. In "Dirty Little Thing" its almost anti-drugs, which I thought was cool, but not a week later I heard scott was in re-hab again. thats a downer, but still a good album lyrically.

It's cool to have an actual '80s rock band back at er so theres better stuff than the adrkness out there. Best songs are "Do It For The Kids," "Big Machine," "Illegal I Song," "Fall To Pieces," "Slither" and "Loving The Alien." I hear even though Scott has issues with herione still, they are gonna keep making music so thats cool and I'd probably buy anthoer one of there albums. I recommend it if your into '80s rock.