Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

I heard this album and was absolutely happy to hear such a versitile band. They're heavy metal, hard rock, classic rock, mainstream and true visionaries. The album is compiled of raw and rowdy songs along with melodic songs that are just for the tired soul. Sonething I loved about this CD is that Slash used D tuned guitar in some of the songs. I think that proved not all people from the '80s rock scene was just playing EADGBE tuned guitars.

The lyrics are political yet synical. whats not to like? I felt the lyrics come from a really dark yet intense amount of memories of sex and drugs and current day images of what's wrong with America. The vocals laid down by Scott Weiland on the music created by the GN'R rhythme section blew me away. Scott has an incredible voice and ever power-fuller charisma.

There is nothing/noone in comparison with this album. I love "Illegal I Song" and "Dirty Little Thing." I love that they're more then a super group. They're just such dedicated and talented guys. I hate the over kill of political satire brought on by Scott Weiland. I have it burned and what not but I would get it again simply 'cause the orig. is better.

Ben3
    yeah, but it doesnt feel goo, it sounds like a second-class rock band