Contraband review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Velvet Revolver: Contraband

Very good raw hard rock sound, excellent guitar playing on both Slash and the very much underrated Dave Kushner's part. Brilliant catchy riffs and driving rhythm make this album invincible in terms of sound. The bass playing from Duff is wicked and "You Got No Right" surprised me pleasantly, as all I thought they could do was rock.

Some sceptics would say that there was too much swearing on this album, but if you listen to some of the lyrics, especially on "You Got No Right", then will find that they actually mean something. Scott Weiland's vocals are second to none, and the arrogance of the music is matched both by the lyrics and by the singer's voice and stage presence.

I think this is a good solid rock album and I would reccommend it to any rock fan. If tickets are available to see this band, snap them up! These five rockers are awesome live!

Maestro_89
    Just wanted to add that Slash was awarded the prize for 'best guitarist 2005' after the album release. Great album
    Kaela Koala
    actually there is keyboard in a couple of tracks.....But it is a ****ing great album.
    Polish guy
    Slash is my God!! Only Appetite for destruction is better than this CD.. But I agree with Kaela Koala - It's a fuc***g great album..!!
    hassasin
    This is one of the greatest albums for rock, Slash is one of the greatest guitarist, every song on this album is amazing
    rock_guitargod
    who's the n00b who sed the songs sound all the same.....try listenin to the album more than once u ****in numpty..tell me your an indie fan then i will virtually biatch slap ya
    AeroTempleCrue
    Before you read any of these reviews, hear this: Welcome to the official Scott Weiland haters-zone.... And please no more STP/GNR comparisons. This is a totally different band than either.