Libertad review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jul 3, 2007
Velvet Revolver: Libertad

The sound and music of this band is just wow! I mean they have some great musicions in their midst. I'm talkin' Slash, the vocalist, drummer, bassist, pretty much just the whole band! I don't think there is a "story" behind the album but Velvet Revolver gave us a great preview. She Builds Quick Machines-Single was the album that gave us all a taste of what was coming. On the album artwork there is a picture of skeleton Slash, skeleton of another former Guns N' Roses artist, and the skeleton of an angel. These characters are uncovering a coin with an angel that says Libertad and Velvet Revolver on the top and bottom of the coin. In just the first song of the album, "Let it Roll" you can easily see how much the band has grown together after only two full albums.

I really actually like the lyrics cause you know what cooler lyrics could you get than talking about how a girl tastes like candy? I mean seriously these guys know how to write good songs with awesome lyrics. If the lyrics tell about something sad, the music is slow and sad. If the lyrics tell about something awesome, the music is awesome (common in most of the songs)! But the lyrics would be nothing if the singer sucked horribly. But, the singer doesn't suck horribly and is actually very good. So I personally rate the lyrics just as high as I would rate the music, a perfect 10!

Other albums wish they were good enough to compare to this one but they're not! My personal favorites on this album are She Builds Quick Machines, Let it Roll, and Just Sixteen. To sum it all up I love everything about the album with the exception of the slow songs. And yes if it were stolen or lost it is definitly worth buying again!