Libertad review by Velvet Revolver

• Released: Jul 3, 2007
Velvet Revolver: Libertad

I Enjoyed this CD greatly, and although it is much more complicated than Contraband, it adds to the final effect of the songs. there are many styles used in this CD, ranging from fast tracks with heavy distortion and lots of soloing, Such as She Builds Quick Machines, to slower and quieter songs, like The Last Fight, which have a quieter guitar style. this album seems to take a few runs to become really good, and I reccomend listening to it 2-3 times before rating it. Slash's guitar soloing and riffs are much more noticable in this album, and they sound great!

I like the lyrics provided by Scott a lot, they are much more deep and intriguing than from Contraband, and they fit very well into the music provided, which adds to the overall quality of the songs. the lyrics are very well written, and Scott has a cleaner voice than before, which makes it easier to tell what he is singing. I cannot find anything wrong with the lyrics of this album, and Scott has by far outperformed Contraband with this album.

I believe this album is better than Contraband, as it is much more diverse and interesting. songs worth listening to are; She Builds Quick Machines, simply because it sounds Awesome, and every note on it fits perfectly; and Mary Mary, because it has a very nice vocal sound to it. I do not think any song on this album is bad, and I love the fact that every song has a solo, much like Contraband in that aspect. the only bad point is there are too few tracks! if this album was stolen/lost I would definitely buy another, maybe two just in case!

molfe
    Those of you who are Think this album sucks...something is seriously wrong with you! and for those of you who like this CD...ROCK ON! VR fans!!!! im with you!!
    slobby
    great album, more of a classic rock album reminds me of pink floyd
    MonsterOfRock
    Dare I say, If Axl was the singer behind these tracks, mark my words, this woulda been "Appetite for Destruction II". Nonetheless, great album, worth my $25 Australian Dollars.
    Sudifice
    Libertad, to me, is better than Contraband. I loved Contraband but you have to admit that it gets repetitive.
    tpot06
    went through a recent phase of dislike for this album but its slowly growing on me...
    currymonster
    I love the album and the songs on it vevelt is way better than GNR they have had 2 albums out before chinse decroraiy comes out and probably more
    owned and out
    Great album, its true what people are saying about listening to it 2-3 times, i didn't really like it the first time i heard it but now i think its great. Great album, well worth buying.
    MarshallMadness
    Stop complaining! This is a solid rock album, and thats exactly what we need these days. GnR saved us from the repetitive horror that was glam metal, now VR is going to save us from little emo boys who cry and the scene kids.
    DustNBones1987
    Its a more than a solid rock album...actually its pretty damn good. At least they're not whining like the emos. I've realized I can always count on Slas for amazing riffs and solos. Great album, comparing it to Contraband is a bad idea. First of because they are musically different and they are written at different emotional and musical places in the band's and it's members lives. ps. MarshallMadness Why did you have to knock glam metal?...and they like to be called hair bands.