Between The Never And The Now Review

artist: Vendetta Red date: 02/26/2004 category: compact discs
Vendetta Red: Between The Never And The Now
Released: Jun 24, 2003
Genre: Rock
Tones: Earnest, Fiery, Acerbic, Rousing, Lush, Passionate, Intense, Yearning, Sparkling,
Styles: Post-Grunge, Emo
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Between The Never And The Now Reviewed by: onlyonehere, on february 26, 2004

Sound: Musically Vendetta Red are a Emo/Screamo band. They mix quiet melodies and build them up into huge crecsendo choruses. The vocals range from soft to full on angsty-emotional screams. The guitar parts are what you would expect from an emo band, nothing particularly special there. They mix in perfectly with the vocals and give a nice blend between the quieter, serene moments on the album to heavy distortion screams and choruses. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics match the type of song very well. They are very clever, but not catchy. It may take several listens to the album in order to pick up what he is singing and therefore enable you to sing along to the record yourself. My favourite lyrics from the album are 'I'm trusting you to stab me in the back beloved betrayer' [Ps. Love the black], 'Wage your war with the dead and your breakfast in bed' [Seconds Away]. The singers voice is different. Not like anything I have heard. He is capable of ranging from slow, quiet, haunting melodies to screams that add further to the feel of the record. Overall the lyrics are very innovative and the singer delivers them well. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to other artists the album has aspects that aren't original. However the lyrics and sound together give an amazing sound. Once you have the album on you won't want to turn it off if you like emo. Personally my favourite tracks are 'There Only Is', 'Suicide Party' and 'Ambulance Chaser'. If the album was lost or stolen I would have no hesitation in heading down to my local CD store and purchasing a new copy. Definitely worth buying. Go get it and give the band the support they deserve. // 8

Comments