Black Metal: Deluxe Edition [DVD] Review

artist: Venom date: 01/27/2010 category: compact discs
Venom: Black Metal: Deluxe Edition [DVD]
Release Date: September 14, 2009
The sound of this album is actually terrific, considering this was filmed 26 years ago and converted from VHS, there are some fuzzy moments here and there but overall the sound is brilliant.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 8
 8.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Black Metal: Deluxe Edition [DVD] Reviewed by: Frost_Power, on january 27, 2010

Sound: The Sound of this album is actually terrific, considering this was filmed 26 years ago and converted from VHS, there are some fuzzy moments here and there but overall the sound is brilliant. There is a little story from the booklet that comes with the deluxe edition DVD, i'll type if out for you all Cronos - '' This show has only been available before on video, or as a bootleg and you'd have to go on some bogus internet site to get a copy. Now, we've cleaned it up a bit and decided to finally put it out on DVD,so the fans can have a proper version to watch. We've not gone overboard on the transfer, the show works fine the way it is. I didn't want to remix the audio or put any special effects on the footage, the DVD is exactly the same as the original VHS, '' warts'n'all.'' That is straight from Cronos himself, what a legend. The musical style of this album is pure mayhem! Real straight up Venom metal, hard hitting, fast, high gain, 80's speed, black, Venom metal! Overall, the sound is great, and you can hear what the boys are screaming about easily enough, I'm giving this a 9 because it is so good // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD, considering the time it was filmed also, and what it took for this to come into the hands of Venoms legions, is truly a masterpiece that all Venom fans should pick up, this was an extra with the Black Metal deluxe edition also! There really is nothing that stands out about this DVD, the whole thing is equal in terms of awesomeness, I absolutely love it and every part of it is wonderful. I love the production and the fact that it was filmed with the original line up, I love the pyro and the effort and work and love put into the show, this truly is Venom at their best! The only thing I hate is that they did not put Witching Hour onto the set list.... If this were stolen or lost, I would buy it again for sure, assuming I could get my hands on it, I truly am happy with my aquiring of this, it sounds great, it looks great, and any real Venom fans will try to get their hands on this, there really is nothing bad about it! Lay Down Your Soul To The Gods Rock And Roll! Black Metal! // 10

Comments