Fallen Angels review by Venom

• Released: Nov 28, 2011
Venom: Fallen Angels

"Fallen Angels" is Venom's newest album, released on 28 November, 2011. This album has everything you can expect from Venom: angry riffs, downtuned guitars, great bass lines and fast and aggressive drumming. To a few fans, the creative force of Venom is in the past, but I, personally, say no. A huge no. This album, like I've mentioned, contains Venom doing what they do best: amazing heavy metal. Cronos, well... Seems like this guy will never get old. His bass lines here are really strong and the bass sounds just... Incredible. Surely, the album would not be what it is without that powerful sounding, and probably so would not be all Venom's records. Drummer Dante has proven himself a very competent drummer, doing an amazing job in songs like "Hammerhead" and "Death Be Thy Name". Sure thing he got what it takes to play in Venom. Guitarist La Rage just sends some really insane riffs and chaotic solos out of his guitar, I mean, what is that on "Pedal To The Metal"?. This is just Venom proving that they're still in shape and totally capable of making great records.

The lyrics on this album is another thing you can expect in a Venom record: talks about Satan, sinning and praising heavy metal music. You can listen to it, the old Venom (in sounding and lyrics) in songs like "Hail Satanas", "Damnation Of Souls" and "Sin". So, not much to talk about them. When it comes to Cronos voice, well... He is just a monster. Plays amazing bass lines and sing powerfully. Fits like a glove on Venom's sound. His voice sounds apocalyptic here, just like it sounds on all Venom's records.

Well, again, I have to say: this is Venom doing what they do best. They just never disappoints, in my opinion. One of the best albums of this year, for sure. I would point "Pedal To The Metal", "Death Be Thy Name" and "Sin" as the best ones here, but overall almost all songs are really great, with a few, very few averages like the bonus track "Blackened Blues". If you're a Venom fan, you probably liked it, and if you haven't listened to it yet, do it now. I would cut the head off from the robber that steal this from me.

Banjocal
    An alright album. I'd give it a 6 or a 7. However... >lyrics >9/10 those lyrics were abysmal.
    EpiExplorer
    headbang123 wrote: SOMEONE stole from BVB... (i have no problem with saying i actually kinda like bvb and just wanna see how much trolling this gets. cuz people making completly inlegitament arguements about their looks is kinda commical to me)
    'inlegitament' isn't a word..
    EpiExplorer
    Big respect to the band and all, extreme metal would be nowhere without 'em but... This album is just not that good. That bass is monstruosly loud as well, which is a nice thing to have in metal, but I mean REALLY LOUD.
    iommi600
    /\ yeah, I kinda agree with you. the 9/10 in there was because of Cronos' voice, that I really like a lot
    headbang123