Metal Black review by Venom

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
Venom: Metal Black

The sound of the new CD has gotten heavier but has kept its originality and hasn't turned into the crappy mainstream stuff you find in "HMV" and those kind of shop's. Some songs are quite repetitive and can get abit boring but the reason for that is so it's easier to learn and tab for all the teens out there that want to learn some Venom.

The lyrics of metal black are more satanic than any of the other albums I think and these lyrics are more stronger and better to listen to if your really in your headbanging mood. The lyrics have their own timing and the music has a different timing but when put together it sounds really good. The singer's (Cronos) voice sounds deeper than normal and more violent/brutal and that gives it slight Cannibal Corpse touch without the cookie monster vocals, although that's a bit exaggerated that's the best idea I can give.

My favourite song in this album is Metal Black, simply because I love the start other wise I wouldn't be able to choose, antechrist and lucifer rising are both really cool songs as well. What's really cool about this CD, I must admit is the cover of the CD, it's got that cool pop out text and it's very fancy looking and I just love it, what I don't like about it, is the fact I had to buy it for $30! The damn shop said it's really hard to get hands on so they put the price up and also because it was new.

EVL/666
    Venom isnt Black Metal,sure they are one of the main bands that influenced the genre in the beginning (image and lyrics),but if you ever heard real Black Metal you would know that Venom has completely different riffs and vocals.Venom is Thrash metal
    METALMANIACMIKE
    This is to the top review. The only original member is Cronos. He is the bassist and singer. Mantas was the guitarist for Venom for many years. It is Cronos' brother Annton not Mantas'. Also to the first comment you must have been living under a ****ing rock if you have never heard of Venom.
    boyan89
    :p ever since i posted that its been metal for me down the road and venom kick ass! GO NON MAINSTREAM!!!
    Mindcrime1038
    Venom is an awesome band. they are the premier Black Metal band to this day. anyone who says that Venom is mediocre must be a bitch, and not a true metal fan. I know none of you criticized Venom, but I'm just sick'a people who do. kudos to you true metal fans!
    el_guitarrist
    i never liked the past albums of Venom, only black metal, after i heard this album i cried for my mother to buy it...(no coments)...incredible album
    el_guitarrist
    EVL/666 is taveling in another palnet.Venom is black metal and the BEST band of.I like Celtic Frost too but Venom kik Celtic Frost.
    2Old2Cold
    Lay down your soul to the gods rock n rollll lll lll aaaarr aaaarr. Venom = gods!
    nolife'tilmetal
    boyan89 wrote: has anyone even heard of this band?
    thrashnmosh782
    boyan89 wrote: has anyone even heard of this band?
    holy ****..... dude venom has influenced literally thousands of bands, including metallica, slayer, etc
    Silas S Thompso
    boyan89 wrote: has anyone even heard of this band? venom? are you serious. with no venom there might have been no slayer, metallica, megadeth, and anthrax. wow that is just crazy
    Yeah, I saw an interview with Dave Mustaine saying that he remembers him and James Hetfield driving down the highway listening to venom tapes. Also, slayer's first album (show no mercy) was heavily influenced by venom. They almost sound the same except for certain aspects. Venom, Motorhead, and Judas Priest introduced the speed metal "ideas" to the world. Slayer, Dark Angel, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Exodus just took it further.