Lyrical Symphoney review by Versailles

• Released: Oct 31, 2007
Versailles: Lyrical Symphoney

The first album Versailles has released. This band has the ability to sound and flow as beautiful as a rose, but alas, they are a Visual-Kei/Neoclassical Metal band so they aren't all beauty. They focused deeply on the music they play. Nobody in the band outdoes each other, the album is mixed beautiful. The guitarists, Teru and Hizaki are fantastic guitar players and blend beautifully with each other. Listen to their solos in "The Love For A Dead Orchestra". They harmonize their sweeps! This is a band that plays for the "beauty" in music. They never overdue anything. Especially in this album. I love how everything is distorted but yet they have those organs/synthesizers that draw a line in the sound! These guys have a real unique sound. They don't sound like every other metal band out there. The songs riffs/tempo/sound changes all the time. Just listen to "The Red Carpet Day".

Their lyrics are quite poetic. They tell of stories that seem to have some meaning behind them, but I have yet to really find some. Some of them talk about a beast, "Shouts and Bites", and "Beast Of Desire". One talks about a demon trying to reach an angel but can't because of a forbidden gate, "Forbidden Gate". (At least that's what I gathered. =P) Overall, the lyrics are sung strongly by Kamijo. He has a hell of a voice. No matter what the style seems to be behind him, he can always belt out something that works. He can sound beautiful at times, and at sometimes... like one of those narrators of a fast paced horror film.

This was a good album for them to come out with for a foundation. But it's not their best! With each album they seem to slay the last one. They have such a great lineup, (besides the passing of their bassist Jasmine You) and it's good that it's stayed the same all through their albums. My favorite tracks on this have to be "The Red Carpet Day" and "Sympathia", because "The Red Carpet Day" is a killer fast paced song that is just so awesome to play on the guitar! Also "Sympathia" shows how the band can stick to their genre but also produce beautiful music. The drummer really shows his skills in that song as well! The only thing I hate about this album is that it's 7 tracks, but really only 6 songs (the first track is an Intro). I recommend this to anyone who wants a good album to listen to or maybe some good licks to steal.

Linkerman
    First, it's called "Lyrical Sympathy" and not "Symphoney". Second, it's an E.P., not an album. Versailles' debut album was called "Noble". It's a pretty nice E.P., i remember when it came out back in 2007 i was really into it. I've grown past this music genre, though, and it doesn't really "click" with me anymore.
    FuruiShin
    HOW DARE YOU MISTAKE TITLE OF THIS MASTERPIECE?! They dont harmonize sweeps at ANY of The Love from a Dead Orchestra solos- they do this in SILENT KNIGHT(comes out with Prince & Princess single) Drummer really show his skills? Man, you propably don't even know what's name -.-(YHM...YUKI). Good licks to steal? I wouldn't call their solo playing as a ''lick'' nvm... I'm not suprised that your favourite song from this one is Red Carpet Day-it's the one which is tabbed and it's the easiest song from this ep for sure. Joke, I see that you really love them and their music just like me ;]. It's good to see a rewiev of this anyway too. Maybe you are still stunned by their music. But i don't understand why you gave only 7 for lyrics when you doesn't understand them ;/. 10/10 for album; 6/10 for you rewiev.
    ReynboLightning
    WOW Is what I'm gonna say.Was always secretly into japanese style music but DAM Is this how their metal scene is out there?It's ****ing epic and beautiful as hell
    siverstorm
    lord_nosfuratu wrote: Glad this band finally got some recognition on UG.
    This, glad its on the first page!
    derpdragon
    hackahobo
    Fucking LOL.
    Kajinaga
    hackahobo wrote: derpdragon wrote: To anyone new to the band. Yes there are all guys so keeps your hands away from your pants. Any who, good review. Gives a pretty accurate description on my own thoughts about this E.P. Fucking LOL.
    This.