Start With A Strong And Persistent Desire Review

Vex Red: Start With A Strong And Persistent Desire
Released: Mar 4, 2002
Genre: Alternative Rock, Alternative Metal, Industrial Rock
Label: Virgin
At the moment, "Start With a Strong and Persistent Desire" is one of the best alternative metal albums of the British scene.
 9.2
 9.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this album:
Start With A Strong And Persistent Desire Reviewed by: Muser9909, on september 11, 2015

Sound: The British nu metalheads Vex Red (was deceased in 2003, but back in this year) have a short career, only one album, only one have the proof that outside of USA the nu metal music are so great and powerful, but Vex Red have go by a little far from the genre, including electronica, pop, and a alt. rock dosis that makes a little different, because of the synthetizer and piano parts in much cases (tracks like "Dermo," "Cause and Solution," "Start With a Strong and Persistent Desire"... in fact, all the album), but also, ambiental parts in songs like "Untitled," or the last track, "Vert," but had some hard parts, the strongest song on the album is "Itch," hard riffs, furious and dirty synthetizer solo, probably the best song of the band. Vex Red have made probably the best British nu metal album still today, but have more than a nu metal genre, the ambient, electronic parts and also the acoustic chords made this album something different to the USA scene. The worst of the music is that for there in some song is something repetitive, but no annoying, for luck. // 9

Lyrics: Simply, the best of the album. Principally, I fucking love the voice of Terry Abbott, I covered this band this year and I so happy that them are back in this year after 12 years of hiatus, but I specially, I'm happy because not only Vex Red are back, Terry Abbott are back, for me, Terry is one of the best vocalist I've ever heard, and the most underrated also. His voice is very emotional, does compare to Chino Moreno of Deftones and Daryl Palumbo of Glassjaw, but had more vocal melodies and is beautiful. Also, not only his voice is the principal attention, the lyrics are so emotional, I love the way that him expresses his pain, happiness, hate, love and so much more (specially I fucking love the way that expresses the pain on "Itch"), believe me, had one of the best lyrics for the genre, which always much artist made shit things, and repetitive. // 10

Overall Impression: Is sad know that this band have gone for 12 years, but 2015, one of the best years for the metal in the last decade, have back them, and I'll hope that the next album gonna be so much better. But, at the moment, "Start With a Strong and Persistent Desire" is one of the best alt. metal albums of the British scene, is unique, is beautiful, had a emotional lyrics, the electronica, ambient parts are amazing, the acoustic chords also too, the best songs of the album are "The Closest," "Can't Smile," "Itch" and "Cause and Solution." No more words, excellent album, and one of the best albums of nu metal. // 9

Comments