Eternal Nightmare review by Vio-lence

Vio-lence: Eternal Nightmare

This is Vio-lence's debut, and definately their strongest, album. Following in the foot steps of many Bay Area thrash metal acts, Vio-lence's late contribution to the west coast metal scene is one to remember. it's fast and heavy thrash metal at it's finest, with rampaging riffs and some highly technical solo work. Those looking for something light and relaxing, look elsewhere - this is thrash metal.

Vocally, it's a mute point. You either like Sean Killian's vocals or you don't. Personally, I like them. Lyrically, this is obviously thrash, with topics ranging from heroin addiction and use (T.D.S) to looking through the perspective of the county coroner (Calling in the Coroner). The lyrics, as well as the vocals, bind very well with the music, making the effect stronger. The only thing I can say I don't like about the vocals is Sean's tendency to underpronounce or muffle his words at times, making certain lyrics hard to understand. Otherwise, I love the vocal work.

Its a late addition to the west coast thrash metal catalogue, but it definately isn't a bad one. Every song lives up to expectations, being fast, heavy, and loud. Thrash metal fans should definately look into it, as it should satisfy those, as well as new fans to the scene. If stolen, I would definately replace the album, as, overall, it's a great album and a brilliant showcase of what was, at the time, a dying metal scene.