Transcend Into Ferocity review by Visceral Bleeding

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
Visceral Bleeding: Transcend Into Ferocity

This is the second release from visceral bleeding and the audio quality and musical extremes of the first album, remenants of deprivation, remain. In most tracks you hear the usual frantic mish-mash of speeding lead guitar and the constant racing of blast beats however random tempo changes are quite frequent and often break down from murderous leads into solid, head bangable riffs. The lead guitar sounds frantic and panicy, there is no lack of diversity in the playing, if the leads are too frantic for the listener the the 2nd guitar never fails to provide a good riff for anybody's ears. The drums are the fastest instrument of all, this guy really is something special, his blast beats are among the fastest I've ever heard and his fills seem to be just that little bit faster, and he never falls into the trap of using the constant pounding double bass; rhythms are varied and well thought out. Having said so many good things about the musicianship the speed and complexity of everything tends to leave the people of limited musical education calling the band shit and talentless, and even with musicians like us it can often leave you puzzled as to whether or not the band are actualy playing in the same timing.

The lyrics are probably the most brutal part of this album, don't think I'm exagerating when I say that they are disgusting and in some cases quite disturbing. If you are offended or sensitive to violance in any way I would advise you to stay well clear of this. The lyrics usualy have themes of murder and mutilation, the vocalist tells us of deep desires to inflict serious harm to his fellow human beings in great detail, explainging all the tools of torture (such as broken engine parts in the song fury unleashed) he would use to commit the deed, often his choice of victim is quite disturbing and his ability to explain his exact actions is enough to make me sick, but that's what this kind of metal's all about, and you wouldn't go and buy it if you didn't want to hear about it, so it gets 9/10 for hitting the spot.

As the title suggest, the album is ferocious, although it may disturb you first it does eventualy leave you with a feeling of satisfaction. If you're looking for real audio brutality this is where to get it, and don't say I didn't warn you.

swedish_death
    dece review, but come on... disturbing lyrics? this is extreme technical death metal. its all part of the atmosphere of the music, and nothing to complain about. visceral bleeding ****in rules.