Key To Eternity review by Visual Cliff

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Visual Cliff: Key To Eternity

Visual Cliff is an up and coming Progressive Hard Rock/Metal Fusion monster. The music is hard to define as it is very unique. If you took Rush, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd and Santana and mixed it all up you would be getting close. Most of the music depends on the super talented Rob Perez on guitar. His virtuoso fret work is both very passionate and extremely melodic. He never enters the wank arena but he can tear it up on occasion when it tasetfully calls for it. The drum work on the album is also incredible as is the bass and keyboard players. These guys are stellar musicians and the music is always shifting gears between atmospheric and in your face. The music evokes cinematic imaginary movies in your head (especially with headphones) and each track is power groove oriented. There isn't a bad track on this album. The production value is fantastic. They are certainly on their way to their own very identifiable sound.

The one thing that really impressed me the most is that for an all instrumental album. I didn't miss hearing a vocalist. The music really is that interesting and superbly composed. The soulful guitar lines are the vocals and when there isnt a guitar melody the music itself is so moving it stands perfectly on it's own without needing anything being said!

I have both of VC's albums and if you are a fan of great guitar playing and powerfully composed music that will move you. Then I highly suggest getting in on what these guys are doing!