Perverse Recollections Of A Necromangler review by Waking the Cadaver

• Released: Nov 21, 2007
Waking the Cadaver: Perverse Recollections Of A Necromangler

What can I say about these guys? Well it would be easy just to say that they are a brilliant slab of deathcore. However, that wouldn't be enough. So here's what I think about the songs. 01. Intro - some creepy sound effects to sink your teeth into, like a horror movie, but only without the visual aid or the crappy editing. 02. Always Unprotected - starts of with a feedback intro, not uncommon, and then thrusts straight into the action, with a riff good enough to decapitate a horse. Skillful drumming added to the mix, leads to a damn good track indeed. 03. Raped Pillaged, And Gutted - interesting title, that's a given. Nice tremolo intro, and straight again into the blastbeat, and speedy riffing with death growls over the top. The vocalists growls are very unique, by the fact he sounds like a draining sink, most of the time. Punishing riffs, brutal track. 04. Connoisseurs Of Death - discordant riff! And then straight into the breakdown. Definate headbangers track right here. And then into an aweosme riff backed by a sweet double bass line, slowing down into more punishing brutality! One of my favourites, this one. 05. Interlude - more sound effects for you to sink your teeth into. What sounds like tap water dripping, and a man coughing. Nice. 06. Type A Secretor - vocals that sound like the dripping tap form the interlude, and then blastbeats! Woohoo. Okay, this may not be an original concept for Deathcore and Grindcore alike, but it's pretty damn sweet anyway. 07. Tire Iron Embludgeonment - nice name again, chuggy chug riff to get it going. Growling vocals, and a slowdown to get the crowd moshing. It's all a tasty mix within the first 30 seconds. It doesn't get much different through otu th track, but overall, it's pretty sick anyway. 08. Blood Splattered Satisfaction - oh dear, blastbeats galore, and riffage from the get go, and more slow downy breakdowns, and draining sink vocals. Beginning to see a pattern? Nevertheless! It's prime material for Grindcore/Deathcore, so I'm not bothered. 09. Pigtails Are For Face F--king - men talking about shooting people, interesting opening. Riffage in the intro, into speedy blastbeat drumming and tremolo riffs. It's a great intro. Again, into the breakdowny, chug chuggy riff, to accompany the draining sink and bree bree vocals. Nice name again, one of my personal favourites. 10. Chased Through The Woods By A Rapist - breakdown and the real sink vocals come out now. Then blastbeat uptempo speed form nowhere, and heavy riffage. I like the sound, this song has an interesting music video to go with it too. A girl gets kidnapped and taken to a basement, and mutilated. Top stuff. 11. I Know The Insides Of A Women - talk of what a gun can do to a face. And then riffage, and a prime example of drumming talent. Interesting vocals too, I have no idea what you could say they were. Well that just about covers the album, I like the sound even though it can get really samey. Same old shit, different day. However. What it isn't the same as, is the halfass grindcore/deathcore you can sometimes get. It's prime material, and some of the best deathcore I have heard in a long time.

Mutilating women. Slicing them into small pieces, after havign chased them through woods and alleys just to rape them with various cullinary objects? Interestingly gory and typical deathcore lyricism, but it's delivered with a nice slab of bree bree pig squeals and the classic draining sink growl. I love it personally. The lyrics are delivered well, and strongly, throughout the whole album, and don't ever sawy from the riffs, which Deathcore does sometimes. Overall.

In the deathcore genre, there are a few bands out there that might make an impression. Annotations Of An Autopsy would be one of them. However, AOAA have the slow vibe to them, and could perhaps bore your usual deathcore/grindcore activist. But not Waking the Cadaver. I heard their stuff from a friend on a random video he showed me, I think it was the video to Blood Splattering Satisfaction. Anyway, for me to remember it almost 2 weeks later, and then obtain the full album, it must have left a mark on me. The two best tracks I'd say, are 'Conoisseurs Of Death' and 'Blood Splattering Satisfaction'due to even though the album having the samey vibe to it, those tracks stood out the most for me. If this album was stolen or lost, I would buy it again seeing as I haven't heard deathcore like this for a long time, and I want to hear more of it.

jeowy
    i dont understand how anyone can like these to be honest. ive only heard "chased through the woods by a rapist" - because of the pisstake video on youtube, but the guys vocals are appalling, like a 6-year-old child who's picked up a cannibal corpse CD for the first time and is trying to imitate it. Not only that - the drums; i respect any drummer with the skill to hold a blastbeat at such high tempos, but seriously, hitting toms (that sound like someone bashing bins together) at random intervals doesnt warrant a great deal of musical or artistic genius. At least, not for me personally.
    bowen
    I'm gonna have to pick up this album, I heard of them a while ago, but now that they have an album, it's a must buy for me.
    bowen
    ^for the reason that they're just such ridiculous garbage btw.
    Mullen2105
    metal Lover wrote: I googled the lyrics to chased through the woods by a rapist. "Tonight this **** will pay. My dick will beat her face. Her life and her **** are mine. This slut shall now see. All night on this bitch I release my piece. Yes. Yes. I am the man. And I will kill when I can. You can try to run. Burt your done. Run. Gun to your head. One more sound and your dead. Kick in your teeth. With my cock piece. Sweet labial meat. Her inside out twat. Tastes great to eat. Dripping and slipping and oozing and flowing with spit. This vile slit. Will ghost ride my prick. Blood pours from her tender throat. I left her bound to a tree. Nude. Mangled. Butchered and Blasted. Now these skanks know not to **** with me" There's no way he actually says that in the song.
    when i was reading that i thought "hmm those would be good lyrics for a RAP SONG!" they suck so bad.
    psilocyndreams2
    this actually happens to be one of the only bands that i actually hate. there's band that i really dislike and can't stand listening to, but still have something i can respect or consider. waking the cadaver, however, really has no redeeming value. the vocals are disgusting, the guitars are boring, the bass is inaudible, and the drumming is sloppy and repetitive. i started a band with my friend and wrote really violent, disgusting lyrics as a joke and they still seem much cooler than this.
    CapnKickass
    :haha: :haha: :haha: I haven't listened to them but those lyrics are hilarious. man... lolol
    metal4life592
    I'm not a fan of this band, but they're fun to listen to every once in a while just because of how ridiculous they are.
    Tony Alley
    "What sounds like tap water dripping, and a man coughing. Nice." Haha, are you so stupid you don't know what that really is?? You must be, if you actually think WTC is good..
    ZinkMonster
    Tap water dripping. If you like waking the cadaver, and that's what you have to say about that sound then someone should slaughter you and your family. Holy shit.
    Chainshred
    i kinda like them but really only for the humor i get from the ridiculous pig squeals other than that same as any other band other than by the end of the album im really tired of listening to the same song.
    Shredder Guitar
    jonathanonfire wrote: and -5 for saying AOAA is good. they claim to be "real death metal" when they are straight up core with the usual core aesthetic. of all the deathcore out there, the one good band out there, i'd say, is whitechapel. check them out if you haven't.
    i kinda agree about the AOAA thing... but honestly, Before the Throne of Infection is a great metal album.
    63Dylan63
    metal dan
    ****ing the heavyest band ever, well the heavyest decent band, good to have the cd but its ****ing impossible to find!!
    metal Lover
    xMikeyxMetalx
    atlmetal wrote: garbage
    Robot-Ninja
    undeadcorpse wrote: Great album from a great band! it just seems that most of the people here are narrow minded d**k heads and just cant exept anything out side of abba
    I disagree. I've listened to a lot of their songs, they really are pretty bad. The vocals are "cool," but it still gets annoying after a while knowing he's not really even saying anything.
    See_Jay
    Haha I ****ing live for this shit. I love all that grind/death/brutal/slam core shit. Dr. Acula, LifeRuiner,Emmure,WhiteChapel,Suicide Silence,Bring Me the Horizon, Waking the Cadaver, As Blood Runs Black and Abbigail Williams are ****ing the best bands all summed up basically
    MasmaI
    Thee dude who wrote this must be like 10. "Sounds like tap water dripping"...Wtf? No, it sounds like the band members are hitting a bong, dumbass. Oh, and I like WTC. They ARE really shitty, but i still enjoy the music. Though, it does get really repetitive.
    zeroordie6868
    xMikeyxMetalx wrote: atlmetal wrote: garbage +100000 pretty much everything was terrible the drummers fast, but just very unmusical and random also, imo their tone sucksss.
    I actually really like WTC. I think they are amazing. And the piont of a blastbeat is to play as fast as you can. Yeah, he doesn't have rhythm, buy he's a deathcore drummer, you just need to be super fast to hold a legit blastbeat, and he has that down. Other great deathcore *Suicide Silence* *whitechapel* *the faceless*
    BobbyBrewtality
    The singer's lows, the guitar tones, and the drum sound and overall composition were better on the damn demo they had, unles i just downloaded some shit band doing their own take on the album. the lows are damn great on the demo songs, and now i only hear these vocals that suck ass with the ocasional old school low. idk how the hell that happened. usually the album is supposed to sound better than the demo.
    Pingis_Or_Death
    63Dylan63 wrote: A comment for the guy posting lyrics, my guess is that you've probably only heard the demo version which sounds almost completely different than the album version (lyrically), sorry if I sounded like a dick, I really didn't mean to. To the other people, this isn't even close to "scene", this is 100% metal, no matter how bad you think it is. Don's vocals are probably the best I've heard in a long time.
    The open note drop-C tuned breakdowns are everything BUT metal, dude.
    Fender700
    this band amazes me and disgusts me at the same time. ****ing brilliant! btw..."Interlude" is them taking hits from a bong and getting high. which makes sense, no un-influenced normal human beings could create such vile music lol
    sslater24
    Yeah, this music is immature, even for deathcore. I found out about WTC from a youtube lyric parody of "Chased through the woods by a rapist" called The Shredded Wheat song. Look it up...the words to that song actually sound more like the shredded wheat lyric parody on youtube. This music is absolute sh*t. The lyrics are hilarious though; I'd like to hear them read by Benedict Cumberbatch.
    jonathanonfire
    they're more wannabe-devourment-slam-death-metal than deathcore, but i'll take it. they do the slamming breaks wayyyy wayyy wayyyyy too much and to awful effect. don't get tired after the 5th breakdown in a song? i'm exaggerating but it's that bad. the drumming is terrible. they are mega-scene, wigger-fied, fake pricks. believe me. i like these guys for a little bit but later realized how horrible musicians they were and i saw the whole image bullshit they display. stoners in camo writing nothing but breakdowns and half-assed grooves. that's what WTC is. listen to some devourment and some wormed if you want real slam.
    jonathanonfire
    Dobzilla
    Get on game CCs... *points at "first post!!" Anyway. The only thing I know about this band, is that one of their songs just talks about shredded wheat for ages lol. Quite amusing.
    xmurderoticax