War Of Ages review by War of Ages

• Released: Apr 13, 2006
War of Ages: War Of Ages

War Of Ages is an excellent metalcore band. They don't have a lot of killer guitar solos, but their two guitar players play together so well. "Brothers In Arms" and especially "One Day" have some great breakdowns. The drummer plays some great double bass drum beats, but he doesn't overuse them.

The lyrics in this song mostly talk about the difficulties of this life and how God can help us and has helped us with them. The lyrics go pretty well with the music. The singer screams very well, and you can still understand most of his words. But sometimes he sings/speaks in parts and that isn't amazing. But overall the words and how they are sung are excellent.

War Of Ages is a great metalcore band. They are pretty heavy, but aren't overpowering. They are kind of similar to Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, and Norma Jean (before Redeemer). War Of Ages is a Christian band, but it isn't completely obvious. I love every song on this CD, but the best one is "Battle On" (there is a tab on UG for this song). Every song has it's own unique breakdown or riff that you will remember it by. If this album was stolen from me, I would be happy for the thief and what he was getting, but I would definitely buy a new copy, although it may be hard to find.

Ty8200
    War of ages is by far my favorite band of all time. I just wish they were more popular so I could get some more tabs off this site. UG only has four tabbed songs of war of ages. I think my favorite song by them has to be second chance off There last album "Fire From the Tomb" track 12. keep making music so I can enjoy another kick-ass album.
    !normajean!
    absolutely amazing band. the only reason i started listening to them was because i'm going see Oh, Sleeper in a week or two and these guys are gonna be there. i'm so stoked i started listening to them. one of my favorite bands by far.