Worlds Torn Asunder review by Warbringer

• Released: Sep 27, 2011
Warbringer: Worlds Torn Asunder

This band is definitely Thrash, straight out of 1988. Their are hints of early Slayer, Exodus and Death Angel. There is nothing really innovative here, just straight ahead, updated thrash. And I love it. I had downloaded some of their previous work and this by far is superior to those songs. Obviously because I can't even remember the songs I downloaded. This album is very good, the musicianship and vocals are very tight. Riffs and solos throughout.

The great thing about the lyrics and the song concepts themselves, is that there are liner notes explaining why the song was written and what the song is about. The band name says it all - Warbringer, which fits with the Thrash theme. In its heyday, thrash was about politics, economy, isolation from what society deems normal. There songs and song titles fit well with the name of the album. The lead off track, "Living Weapon" is a stand out track about a soldier who kills because that is what he has been taught, and there is no wrong about it in his mind. Some of the other stand out tracks are "Wake Up... Destroy", "Treacherous Tongue" and "Enemies Of The State". The dual guitar attack works well and they are very technical and seem to have good chemistry. The rhythm section is especially tight and I can clearly hear the bass guitar shredding masterfully. The drummer is an exceptionally good time keeper and may very well be my favorite part of every song. Classic thrash band, these guys are the real deal.

I have other modern day thrash albums such as Revocation, Havok, and Municipal Waste. These guys and Revocation are at the top of their game. I love the old school feel to this album, it makes me wanna pull out my old jean jacket and iron a Warbringer patch on the back. Just as I did with Slayer back in the day. I stated my faves earlier in this review, but really there are no duds on this album, even the instrumental, "Behind The Veils Of Night" is pretty cool. If this were lost or stolen, I would buy it again. I mean I am on the process of checking out all of their releases. If you like old school thrash or just good ole butt kicking metal, check these guys out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

iommi600
    Sweet review, dude. I was thinking about writing one, but then again procrastination ruled me. These guys are one of my favorite thrash metal bands of today, along Toxic Holocaust and Municipal Waste. Serious riffing and soloing here.