With Love And Squalor review by We Are Scientists

• Released: Jan 10, 2006
We Are Scientists: With Love And Squalor

Well I've let my friends listen to some of their songs and they describe the lead singer's voice as somewhat similar to the Killers. Some songs may sound like that but the lead singer, Keith Murray is very talented. The guitar riffs are good and suit every song perfectly. The bass lines are cool, and Chris Cain(bassist) does a great job of holding down the fort while the singer does some solo. But what really hooked me into this was the drums. The drummer's awesome he has some great beats. My favorite songs are: Great Escape, Nobody Move Nobody gets hurt, inaction, this scene is dead and its a hit. But they're a really great indie rock band with a bit of dance rock mixed in altough they have no synths or pianos just a drummer a bassist and a lead singer/guitarist. I saw them live when I bought the cd and they have a lot of energy. Their really addicting to listen to, atleast in my opinon they are.

The lyrics are pretty straight forward. The lyrics really match the music, they have great timing. The singer has a nice vocal range. But the singer may sound the same on some songs so I think i'll give him a 9

Well their older stuff was great, but this is better. I wanna see them live again. As I said before my favorite songs are My favorite songs are: Great Escape, Nobody Move Nobody gets hurt, inaction, this scene is dead and its a hit, but all of the songs are awesome. Only thing I dont like about the album is that it's a bit short. Most albums nowadays are around 45+ marks. But listening to this band with a great addicting sound leaves you wanting more. If someone stole it, I'd congratulate them on having good taste, but I'd beat them to near dead, because my album is signed by all the band members the day it was released so it's of some sentimental value. I highly recommend this album if you want some indie, or listen to some of their EPs.

irockonguitar
    i dissagree :] i think its worth a 10 its great and im not normally into indie music. can someone plz tab nobody move, nobody get hurt, there is already a tab but its awfull. id do it but i cant do stuff like that