We As Human review by We As Human

• Released: Oct 18, 2011
We As Human: We As Human

If you have ever listened to their first album, "Until We're Dead", and then listened to this new EP, you would be surprised at the improvement they have made. You can really see the sound they are shaping into. When I listened to this album for the first time I felt like I was listening to something new, something different, and I immediately liked it! With most songs in drop B, this album packs quite a heavy sound. The drums are quite heavy, even without a double bass. The guitarists aren't shredders, but I actually like that because it works for the flow of the music.

This singer is amazing. He is the reason why when I first listened to them I felt I was listening to something different. The lyrics are very well written. For example, in the song "Sever", the chorus is "Separate my soul, watch as you expose, all this violence, out of control. Cancer in my bones, you won't let me go, so it's you I sever." The song is actually written for a 3 year old nephew of the singer who died by cancer. The lyrics of this band are more darker than usual bands, and the singer knows exactly how to settle the words in with the heaviness of music. I was indeed impressed.

I saw these guys live along with Skillet and about 8 other bands. While these guys are totally new to the scene, I loved them among all the other bands below Skillet. I really enjoy the songs "Dead Man", and "Sever". The other two, "Living Lies", and "Double Life" are still good as well but I like the energy that is contained in those first two songs. This EP only cost me 5 dollars and I got it signed by them as well. It's one of those albums I'm gonna keep in my car for a long time. Heck, I'll probably have it in my Amazon shopping cart just in case someone tries to steal it.