To Plant A Seed review by We Came As Romans

• Released: Nov 3, 2009
We Came As Romans: To Plant A Seed

The way the Guitar is used with much distortion really is fantastic. I love how they are so much yet just enough. I also like the sharper uses for some songs, such as the intro in "Broken Statues" and the chorus of "An Ever-growing Wonder". I really think there has to be some relation to a "I'm not the type of person but I'm gonna do some good on this earth and look cool doing it". I am a huge fan of the hardcore with an addition of orchestral music so I can say nothing bad about that, just the way it forms perfectly.

The lyrics are unusual. Unlike many screamo or hardcore metal bands this one delivers a positive message about many different accounts. An "Ever-growing Wonder", "To Plant A Seed", and "We Are the Reasons" especially. The only thing I would say for them to work on for there new upcoming album (out spring/summer 2011) is that the lyrics have there up and downs with the screamo to positive message mix. On the other hand I am so impressed with how the clean vocals just flow back and forth with the screamo vocals in every song, again very little disappointment here.

This is the bands first studio album and it is fantastic, all I have to say about the possibilities is that I expect amazing things from a new album coming out. Again, spring/summer 2011. Favorite songs would have to be "Searching, Seeking, Reaching, Always", "An Ever-growing Wonder", and "I Will Not Reap Destruction". I would 10 times out of 10 recommend this album to anyone, most likely a hard rocker but still, it would never hurt to mention them. I recently had a meltdown on my 160GB Ipod and my friend let me borrow his until I find out what happened to mine and "To Plant A Seed" was the first album I put on my friend's Ipod. I love this band.

DistantUtopia
    alright. so first, flyleaf???? dude if you're going to try and post in defense of christian metal, please a) choose a metal band, and b) choose a band. if you're going to look into good christian metal look into with blood comes cleansing, i built the cross, in the midst of lions, inhale exhale, impending doom, for today, or the great commission. some of the heaviest stuff out there today. jeez.
    BFMV1995
    They are not a christian metal band, i watched an interview on you tube and they said they are not.
    metallicaflavor
    theyre not christian. they just have a very positive message in their music and there are a few christian dudes in their band, but they aren't in the christian genre
    metallicaflavor
    and also, Eric Choi plays drums, not guitar. this UG review is very bad for being a "professional" review
    BOYERxBREAKDOWN
    swordsofplague wrote: Slapfunkah wrote: Someone once told me Flyleaf was metal. Oh how I cried from laughter that night. Yeah can we please stop calling these guys, "metal??" Death, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, etc. is metal. this is HARDCORE. Big difference.
    These guys aren't hardcore, they're metalcore. BIG DIFFERENCE.