Calling All Corpses review by Wednesday 13

• Released: Oct 11, 2011
Wednesday 13: Calling All Corpses

After Wednesday's success with the EP "Bloodwork", in 2011 was released his album called "Calling All Corpses". As always, Wednesday's dark, scary and grows style takes control. Unlike the other albums, on "Calling All Corpses" we can obviously see that the new guitarist, Roman, uses a variety of effects. Basically, his new songs are much more complicated than the previous ones because of the variety of riffs. I mean, it's not like "Bad Things" where they play the same riff over and over again. The music style is the same as on the other albums: Horror Punk. And in my opinion, Wednesday 13 is the best horror punk artist out there!

As every Wednesday's song, the lyrics are about blood, death, homicide, darkness and all stuff like that. I think that you need that dose of insanity and darkness to manage to play with this kind of music. You need to have that feeling to write such lyrics. For example, the lyrics from the song "Silver Bullets" are about Wednesday being a vampire. You can remark how he manages to describe a vampire so accurately.

Also, the song "Calling All Corpses" is special because of one reason. The song lyrics's are meant to be a call for all the dead to raise from their tombs and form a zombie army. About Wednesdays's skills: his voice is getting greater and louder with every album, his lyrical talent is improving and his imagination is evolving.

When we are talking about "Calling All Corpses", we are talking about maturity. Unlike his other albums, on this one he evolved a lot. No more 3 notes in a song. The songs from this album have like 3 verses, a variety of riffs and especially greater lyrics. If you're asking me, I like all the songs from the album. But the songs that really manage to impress someone are "We All Die", "Something Wicked This Way Comes", his tribute to Lux Interior "Bad At Being Human" and of course "Miss Morgue".

I like the album's cover art. Wednesday with 12 ghouls. Genius. Of course, as a bassist, I don't like that the bass is like a shadow. You can barely hear a slide. If my copy would be stolen or lost I would definitely buy another one. I love Wednesday and I would not be sad because of the money I would spend again on it.

coco-loco
    It's an excellent album with a more rock 'n' roll feel than his previous releases! One note: "Silver Bullets" isn't about vampirism, but lycanthropy-being a Werewolf. Fact!