Spook & Destroy [EP] Review

9.7
 6.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Spook & Destroy [EP] Reviewed by: AnduNeedle, on january 25, 2013

Sound: The sound on this album is improved. We can see that on those 3 remakes: "Bad Things", "Rambo" and "Mr. Motherf****r". The sound of the old ones is recorded in a pretty bad quality. The instruments are much clearer this time. The only story about this album is the Halloween from 2012. He released it somewhere near the Halloween. The style is the one used on his previous albums: the genre is Horror Punk and the main ideas are ghosts, darkness etc. A very good song from this EP is the acoustic version of "Curse Of Me". In this song, Wednesday has the very darkened voice I ever heard. // 9

Lyrics: The album's lyrics are great. But when we are talking about this album's lyrics, we are talking about of "Halloween 13-13" and "M.F.T.W.". But yes, the lyrics of these two songs are great. In "Halloween 13-13" it's described a Halloween environment. Of course, the song gives you the sensation of being in a cemetery, followed by zombies. Again, Wednesday managed to find the perfect lyrics for the riffs. So, we are talking about another two great horror punk songs. On this EP we can compare Wednesday's voice with the years 2000 - 2002. Because of his remakes on 3 songs. Another song where his skills are shaped is the acoustic version of "Curse Of Me". It's pretty clearly that his voice evolved in something better. // 10

Overall Impression: The big difference between this one and the others is that on "Spook & Destroy" he made his very first remakes. IF they are better than the old ones, is hard to say. On this side of the story everybody has his own opinion. The most impressive song is "Halloween 13-13". A reason is that the song is a new one. Another reason would be the song's infrastructure. The backing vocals from the chorus are genius. Yes, we are talking about almost one riff, but it is a good one. I like everything about the album. I mean, it has everything except live versions. It has new songs, remakes, an acoustic version and remixes. If my copy would be stolen or lost I would buy another one. I like it very much.

// 10