Christmas With Weezer review by Weezer

• Released: Dec 16, 2008
Weezer: Christmas With Weezer

Everything about Christmas With Weezer is explained in the title. Christmas With Weezer is a compliation of six good old fashion Christmas songs with the Weezer sound, and excitement. It's just old skool Weezer playing old skool Christmas songs, and it's amazing. After the summer release of 'The Red Album, ' I never imagined Weezer releasing something this amazing within a year.

Christmas lyrics are almost always extremely catchy, and Weezer's new songs are just that! Rivers Cuomo is amazing on this album. His voice is basically flawless, but in some songs, it was easy to tell he had a hard time singing high enough. If you want a song that's good, but sounds hard for Rivers to sing, listen to O Holy Night. Good job Rivers.

Being such a small album, and about Christmas one would think it's not that great, but hey, it sure is a hell of a lot better than Make Believe! The first track We Wish You a Merry Christmas has that Blue Album tone to it, with a nice little solo. The next two tracks are probably the best tracks on the album. The rest of the songs are also good, but I could get throught Christmas without them. The way Rivers sings the songs makes them sound so Christmas-ie. Thanks Weezer for releasing this amazing album of Christmas songs! Looking forward to more next year!

Bozjoarmstrong
    well really, I was dissappointed by this theyve not put their own spin on it or anything, just basically the original songs with boring guitar in the background...3/10
    chaoticfables
    GoldSoundzUKNZ wrote: haha this sounds awesome! i bet we can't get it in new zealand...
    iTunes haha
    blindfatkid23
    i didn't hear the whole make believe album, but i love the song perfect situation, so catchy and fun to play... on drums lol
    Beam Sword0
    Shabalaba wrote: Beam Sword0 wrote: why did they put this up on the main page? i just felt like making a dumb review... Now you look even sillier, good job
    thank you!
    Shabalaba
    Now you look even sillier, good job
    ofreena
    viper565 wrote: ...But I like Make Believe.
    Me too, I loved that album infact... it was broken by a friend and I bought it..again :|
    mattb91
    red album was a disappointment. make believe was actually pretty good. at least it sounded like weezer. the red album is just lame.
    Ixthyx
    Make Believe was rubbish, and this is just a novelty item for the hardcore Weezer fans to collect and pull out in 20 years when their kids get curious about 90s AltRock. For the rest it's a waste of time.
    fenderarmy
    I only listened to make believe twice and it was meh, but the red album is so much worse! the songs i heard were just lists. And Vedicardi, love your vocabulary, i'm pretty sure your mom is mine too.
    Rignark
    I gotta agree with you there make believe sucked. old 90's weezer is good in my opinion. havnt heard the x-mas songs but they cant be that bad
    Vedicardi
    Dear god if you like make believe for anything more than catchy lyrics, you ought to off yerself
    phillyguitar
    you can listen to the whole album on their myspace rght now, sounds pretty much like you would expect. Christmas carols with crunchy Weezer guitar hehe
    quazitron
    LOL! Let that be a lesson to you! ; On the internet, our words haunt us... I loved your Pork & Beans tab, BTW.
    Beam Sword0