Everything Will Be Alright In The End review by Weezer

• Released: Oct 7, 2014
Weezer: Everything Will Be Alright In The End

Weezer makes a return to the sound of their earlier albums, and despite having been around since the nineties, their songwriting isn't beginning to show age. They bring their signature blend of punk, pop, and rock in full force on this album. This album however, is not afraid to rock. The guitar solos range from the wild "Back to the Shack" to the powerful and astounding "The Futurescope Trilogy." The rhythm section brings drums that will have you banging your head, and the bass gives each song a powerful drive.

While Rivers Cuomo isn't regarded as being a lyrical genius, he really shines on this album. One topic that he addresses a couple times in these songs is the popular thought by the fans that Weezer had sold out with their more recent releases. In the single, "Back to The Shack," Rivers sings "Sorry guys, I didn't realize that I needed you so much. I tried to get a new audience, I forgot that disco sucks." and continues in "I've Had it Up to Here," saying that they no longer need to appeal to the masses and know where they belong "Don't need to pander to the masses anymore, don't need the whole world to love me." Other songs deal with regret and sadness: "Go Away" and "Foolish Father." Rivers really puts his all in the vocals, he soars high during the choruses of each song and with the back up of Brian and Scott, each song feels fulfilled.

Any fan of Weezer's earlier works will have to buy this album; it has the energy of "The Blue Album" and "Pinkerton," and the melody and style of "The Green Album" and "Make Believe." In my opinion the strongest songs are "Eulogy for a Rock Band," "I've Had it Up to Here," "The British Are Coming," "Da Vinci," " Cleopatra" and the amazing "The Futurescope Trilogy." I had very high expectations for this album since I grew up listening to Weezer, after their last couple releases I found it harder to keep my hopes high for another good release, but "Everything Will Be Alright in the End" is everything that I've wanted to hear from them in a very long time. This album is a must-have.