Make Believe review by Weezer

• Released: May 10, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Weezer: Make Believe

Being a weezer fan since '94, I'm saddened a lot by this album. With its first single "Beverly Hills" I could tell the album wasn't lookin too great. My friend somehow got hold of the CD, and burned me a copy. Knowing Beverly Hills was pure crap, I flipped to a track that sounded more interesting, "The Damage In Your Heart." Me and my friend Adam smiled for a brief second 'till I noticed: "wow, this is an attempt at a deep song." Rivers missed by a longshot. With "We Are All On Drugs" (an obvious attempt at an eye opening song) I flipped to my final song of the night, hoping to hear something. Anything to make me remember why I love Weezer so much. I flipped to Hold Me, and was shocked by its lack of effort. I've been a Weezer fan for 2/3 of my life (no jokes, I'm 15) and this just makes me frown. It may be good to you, but compare it to Blue, or Pinkerton and you'll soon see it the way I see.

Rivers hits more notes in this album, but the lyrics are half assed and sound relativly rap-sounding with lines about wanting to be famous (Beverly Hills) & lines talking about people rolling up in Mercedes Benz's (We Are All On Drugs) I am very displeased. Maybe they half assed it because Rivers had to go to school. Yet again.

I hate this album.