Make Believe review by Weezer

• Released: May 10, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Weezer: Make Believe

I think there are more effects on this album than that of any other, it is more pop than rock. Rivers is also trying to sing in a different voice or something on this it is all hight pitched stuff. I don't know what guitars were used in making this album but it has like zero crunch and what solo's there are they dont stand out very well.

I think that this is by far Weezer's worst lyrical album it sounds like they just slapped these lyrics together in a week or two with not as much thought as the other albums. There is only 1 happy or positive were having a good time song on this album " Beverly Hills" and that was not even that great. What I am saying is every song is about lost love there is no "My Name Is Jonas," "Surfwax America," "Island In The Sun" or even a "Dope Nose." It is just heartbreak hotel the whole time. After listening the other 5 Weezer albums (including 2nd Blue Album) almost everyday for the past 2 years this is by far there Weezer's worst lyrics of all time.

For the last 3 years I have listend to Weezer almost everyday, and up till this point and loved almost every song they have released so I actualy ran to the store today to buy this album but when I put it in and there was no song that grew on me right away my heart was broken I have been waiting for this for a year and this is what I got. The only album it is close to is Pinkerton and even that blows this one away. Maybe it will take time to like this album mabey if I keep listening it will ware on me but my first impression is a 3 and they only get that for being weezer, sorry guys.