Make Believe review by Weezer

• Released: May 10, 2005
Weezer: Make Believe

Weezer absolutly blew me away with their first realease, The Blue Album. There different style and strange sound instantly got me hooked. From the long instrumental type song on "Only In Dreams" to the fast, upbeat, goodtime song of "Buddy Holly". This new album only brings the band further into greatness. With wah wah solo's on "Beverly Hills" and the awesome opening to "Perfect Situation" this CD is a must have in almost everyway. The only thing I didn't like about this CD was that it ended in 45 minutes. Wish there was more is all I can say.

The lyrics really are different. I can relate to tons of things they say, from "Freak Me Out" [Which is about a spider] to "This Is Such A Pity" where hate is overthrowing a relationship. River's distictive voice is always awesome. The best song to listen to his voice is when he tabs into his "Buddy Holly" voice on "Pardon Me."

This is one of the best, if not the best of all the Weezer albums. It is one of my favorite CD's right now. I listen to it over and over constantly. If this was stolen, I would definitly buy another.