Make Believe review by Weezer

• Released: May 10, 2005
Weezer: Make Believe

The sound of this album was very interesting. The boys managed to keep that same old Weezer flavor but with a new and different twist to it. Take the song "This Is Such A Pity" for instance, it sounded like something off an '80s radio station, but yet still like Weezer. So, the first time I listened to the album it just kept me guessing.

The lyrics of Make Believe were fairly typical of the group with one exception. The words and lines and verses were typical, but the songs as a whole, I found, don't tell as many stories like the old albums. It used to be that they were found in many of the songs. But overall the lyrics were pretty good.

This album went in sort of a different direction for Weezer, but I'm not really sure that I can explain how. I think you would have to be at least a casual fan to know what I'm talking about. It was still a good album, don't get me wrong, but by far not the best. However, it does grow on you, and it's a great album for playing in the background while your hanging out with your friends. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definitely buy it again because I happen to be a die hard Weezer fan and I think they deserve the support.