Make Believe review by Weezer

• Released: May 10, 2005
Weezer: Make Believe

Weezer's most recent relase, and possibly their last, 'Make Believe' is a pop mixture. The opening track, the ever popular 'Beverly Hills' is very poppy. The rest of the album shows shades of grey between pop and alternative. Compared to the other Weezer disc I own, the Green Album, 'Make Believe' is somewhat edgier at times, but overall has softened up.

Some of the lyrics don't make any sense, but luckily it's only some. Throughout the CD, there are many areas where better lyrics may have been more suitable for specfic times in the music. Rivers is a wonderful singer, especially on the interval jumps in 'Perfect Situation.'

For me, the most impressive songs included 'Hold Me', 'This Is Such A Pity', and 'Peace'. Strangely enough, Weezer has an almost metrosexual sound. There are the gritty parts, but also a very poppy sound and mood. I think this is unique, and I really enjoy this difference. I would most likely buy this again if lost or stolen, but overall it wasn't the greatest album I've heard, nor the worst.

Mcut202
    Weezer have been on a total downward spiral. I really don't what's going on.
    daytripper75
    I rank this album at the bottom as far as Weezer albums go. I'm not trying to say that it isn't a good album, because it is. I just don't think it is as good as any of their other albums.