Pinkerton review by Weezer

• Released: Sep 24, 1996
Weezer: Pinkerton

This is Weezer's third CD. In my opinion, it is one of their best CD's. Weezer has still got the great beats and awesome guitars. The one thing that separates this album from the rest, is that the lyrics are more adult than the other albums. You can tell from songs like "Tied Of Sex" and "El Scorcho." The album seems like its about a girl he loved and turned out to be a lesbian.

They lyrics in this album are pretty good. Most of them are pretty good. However, the songs do get sort of repetitive. Its always about him loving a girl and the girl doesnt love him back. Weezer also wrote songs about a fan way across the sea. The way Rivers sings in this CD is awesome.

Overall, this is definately better than most of the Weezer CD's. I love how more mature the lyrics are. My favorite song would be "El Scorcho." The song is very catchy. I am dissapointed how the songs get repetative after a bit of listening. If something happened to the CD that prevented me from listening to it again, I would get this CD again. If you becae a fan of Weezer when Make Believe came out, I suggest you pick up this album quickly.