Weezer (Blue Album) review by Weezer

• Released: May 10, 1994
Weezer: Weezer (Blue Album)

Man this album rocks. This is one of those albums you can listen too through and through and never get tired of it. This album would fall into pop-punk, emo, power-pop and that sorta thing. The songs are mostlty simple and very catchy. The solos area all cool too. However some of the songs dont take advantage of two guitars and sound maybe too simple. But the singing and just pure catchiness of the songs make em good. Also i love how the dont only use power chords like most bands today.

Rivers Cuomo has got the perfect voice for Weezer, 'nuff said. And u gotta love the super high back-up vocals. Most of the songs have awesome lyrics. However some of the songs lyrics are kinda strange and pointless (Buddy Holly, Undone). But they still go with the songs famously.

First off i say that i was never a big weezer fan. Sure I liked them, but they werent one of my favorites. Until one of my friends popped in the blue album. I was stunned! Now im huge Weezer fan. Its in my opinion there best. It should have won a grammy or somethin'. Anyway its got 10 songs on it of pure fun emo. The songs are super catchy and make ya want to sing along. My favorite songs on the album are "Buddy Holly", "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here" and "In The Garage. I even bought it at Wal-Mart for 8 bucks! If this was stolen or if even one of the songs skipped id go out and but it again.