Weezer (Green Album) review by Weezer

• Released: May 15, 2001
Weezer: Weezer (Green Album)

Weezer's music throughout all their albums vary. "Blue" had a light hearted feel to it, "Pinkerton" had a pissed off feel to it, now "The Green Album" has more of a pop-rock feel to it. The music played on this record sounds like something the early Beatles would have done if they had heavy distorted guitars.

The lyrics are great, some are light hearted, like "Island in the Sun" and "Photograph," but some have more of a sad feel to it like "O Girlfriend." His voice goes great with the music, Rivers voice always has really. Unlike "Pinkerton" he really has no screaming or edge to his voice, which is better for this album.

"Green" I would have to say is my 3rd favorite out of Weezer's four records, it's hard to follow up classics like "Pinkerton" and "Blue." The strongest songs on the CD are "Don't Let Go," "Hash Pipe" and "Island in the Sun,",although all of them are great songs. I love the fact that they are able to have a new sound each record, and not a clone of what they did last time, even though pop-rock isn't exactly my favorite type of music. If I were to lose this CD, I would not be hesitant in the least to go buy it again, it is totally worth 15 dollars.