Poodle Hat Review

9.9
 7.3
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Poodle Hat Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 14, 2004

Sound: Al and the best cover band returns after nearly four years for one of his better CDs. Thats saying alot because this is his 11th CD and they are all great. His band does a good job of mimicing the original songs in his parodys and his original's sound great also. // 10

Lyrics: Al's strong point is his lyrics cause they are so hilarious. His parodys lyrics are great and so is his originals. // 10

Overall Impression: I am impressed by his latest CD and I hope it doesn't take another 4 years for another of his CD's to come out. This CD is great and all should get it. Plus if you pop it into your computer you can watch his old home movies as a kid while Al gives comentaries. Good stuff. If I lost this CD I would definitely buy it again. I think everyone should buy it. Contains Parodys of "Loose Yourself" "Hot in Herre" "Complicated" "Piano Man". // 10

Poodle Hat Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 31, 2005

Sound: I love this CD. Weird Al uses tons of different styles to make the songs. Hip-hop in "Couch Potato" and "Trash Day," hard rock in "Party At The Lepper Colony" and "Genius In Fance," polka in "Angry White Boy Polka" hence the name, a slow techno-ish beat in "Wanna B Ur Lovr," some folkish stuff in "Ode To A Superhero," and many more. Of couse there are lots of halarious parodies. I am also quite impressed with his bands sound, they're really quite good. // 10

Lyrics: Extremely clever as always. In this category everything is pretty standard for Weird Al. Funny, smart, and catchy. And the lyrics to the song "Bob" are all palindromes (words or phrases that are spelled the same way backwards and forwards. ex. Too hot to hoot). If only there were more tracks. // 9

Overall Impression: Going with the suggested questions that are on this form, if this was stolen, I would totally buy it again. I love everything about this album. I was also very impressed with "Bob" and also "Why Does This Always Happen To Me?" // 10

Comments