Running With Scissors review by "Weird Al" Yankovic

• Released: Jun 29, 1999

Let me just say that this Cd is filled with parodys of other songs...so the rhythms and tunes are similar to other songs. I thought the sounds were average. I especially liked the polka mix where Al would take his accordion and play all these songs and mix them together. If you're looking for cool guitars or nice instrumental pieces... DON'T BUY THIS!

When I got this Cd I couldn't help but crack up... they were funny as hell! Like in the first song where he made a parody of the song American Pie and made the lyrics about star wars. That was funny. And obviously Weird Al sucks at singing... but his lyrics make up for it.

Compared to other artists Weird Al is unique. He never really makes original songs, but his parodys are good. The only song I like here is germs. I hate the last song, "Albuquerque", there was no point of that song. If it was stolen, I would call the police and track down every city to find it! NAH... not really, I thought this Cd was a waste of money but worth the laugh. If you can download songs, then download Weird Al songs cause most of his songs are funny (that are not on this CD) I know it's a little too late to buy this CD and it's pretty rare to find, but I'll listen to it maybe once a day then put it aside and forget it.