Running With Scissors review by "Weird Al" Yankovic

• Released: Jun 29, 1999

As stated above, many of the songs are parodies, but that is Weird Al's claim to fame. Jim West is an excellent guitarist, recreating each song quite well. The band has worked together for some time, and they all are good players. Weird Al himself has an amazing voice. It is merely his use that may trick people into thinking he sucks. As a person who has heard almost every Weird Al song, and owns 90% of his albums, I can say Running With Scissors ranks among his best. Personal Favorites are: The Saga Begins, Your Horoscope for Today, and It's All About the Pentiums.

As always, Yankovics lyrics are original and absolutley hilarious. He is a true lyrical genious. The Saga begins relates Episode 1 quite well, and he employs many (I'm probably wrong about this, but ot seems right) Yiddish terms and phrases in the clever 'Pretty Fly For A Rabbi'. His Polka songs always take the lyrics directly from popular songs of the time, and put them to silly polka music. The words to each song are excellent, but silly. Thankfully, that is the point.

Al was at the top of his game on this album. He has had many very excellent comedy albums, and this is no excpetion. I personally will love and cherish this album for all eternity, because this was actually the first Weird Al album I recieved. I love the humor, simply, as does anyone who likes Weird Al. I dislike almost nothing on here. Surprisingly, I like 'Albuquerque', which many people hate because of its endless repetitiveness. Ironically, thats why I like it. If it were stolen or lost, I would go across te hall, and borrow my brothers copy, burn it, and go about my business.