La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1 review by White Zombie

• Released: Mar 31, 1992
White Zombie: La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1

The overall sound behind White Zombie can be described as "controlled chaos". From the dizzying guitar of Jay Noel Yuenger to the grinding basslines and heavy drumming, White Zombie's sound is impressively unique amongst its competition. The mindnumbing riffs behind "Thunderkiss '65" and "Black Sunshine" still hold their places in rock history today. In fact, J's guitar solos on "Cosmic Monsters" and "I Am Legend" are equally impressive, yet all too forgotten. While Rob may be the obvious celebrity of the band, J., Sean Ysuelt, and John Tempesta hold up admirably with their respective instruments.

Lead singer and best known band member Rob Zombie Although it is unclear what Rob Zombie is really talking about on songs such as "Thunderkiss '65" and "Soul Crusher", the lyrics are inescapable and incredibly catchy compared to most of the metal artists of the '90s. Rob is harldy a lyrical genius, as his subject matter is relatively the same on every track, basically, zombies, sex, cars, and an overall "concept" for the album (sin). Still, the hooks qualities he produces are remarkable, and the album is a very rewarding listen because of it.

Sadly, the group lasted just eight years and produced only two significant albums (this being one of them). However, that was enough time to cement these guys into the minds of many metal heads all over the world, as well as to influence numerous metal artists today. This riff heavy headbanger of an album will go down in history as one of the most influencial metal albums of the early '90s.

xmurderxdollx
    Sean Ysuelt had some simple but amazing bass work to me this was their musically genious album and Thunderkiss 65' is an anthem to rebel by definately
    Calaban007
    This is one my favorite albums. It just has a groove to it that I love. I can listen to it over and over. My Bro-in-law were talking about what single album you'd want if you could only have one album to listen to forever. This was my choice, he chose Darkside of the Moon, which is awesome as well. I'd say while not my favorite album of all time, it's one of my most consistently played.
    fendercobain87
    i remeber buying this on cassette and listening to it over and over, this whole album was good but thunderkiss 65" is always a must its a shame they couldn't get along but at least their music is still around.666
    Camron62\m/
    John Tempesta didn't play on this album... anyway J and Rob are masterminds. Soul Crusher, I Am Legend, Welcome to Planet Mother****er, Thunder Kiss '65. all amazing and bad-ass. and Sean Yseult can ****ing play that bass.