A New Era Of Corruption review by Whitechapel

• Released: Jun 8, 2010
Whitechapel: A New Era Of Corruption

This album sounds great in terms of production and the music. The album is based around breakdowns but they do not just do triplets and such but have become more like Meshuggah in the way the breakdowns are more of a groove then a actual breakdown (Breeding Violence is a great example). They are not they best musicians but they do what they do pretty damn well, I was actually surprised by their skills at some parts but not an overwhelming amount, but music is not just about technique. To give an example of the album I will "BreakdowN" the song Breeding Violence. The beginning riff is a sick and pretty tech breakdown groove riff that builds up to the line "f--k THIS LIFE" and then the power of the music just grows with the vocals. The next part is kind slow and mediocre but only helps build up for the fast parts that come up after it. Fast part = blasts and some cool riffs before going to a breakdown and then a little solo and then its just some riffs repeated. Text can not really do the song justice but its the best song on the album.

The lyrics fit the music and are delivered great. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 is because some lines are kind of dumb I think but that is just my opinion, but the deliver is f--king great. Bad line: IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE I HAVE REALIZED MY LOCATION, THE PLACE THEY CALL THE UNDERWORLD. Alright, its not that bad and its place in end of flesh is a highlight of the album, but the word location just make me think he is looking at a map with a compass and shit. It is a strong nine.

In this genre I haven't heard anything come close and I want to hate this band and all the hot topic fags but there is no denying that Whitechapel OWNS every one of their peers with this album. The only thing that would make it better is if they laid down some Necrophagist like solos but that's not their style. The cover would be better if it was hand drawn but that is a rare thing these days.

Shredder Guitar
    mtllica
    Shredder Guitar wrote: I just don't get the genre debate. Scenie-weenies will call it "deathcore" because that's what's "in," but 20 and 30 somethings refuse to call it "metal." How in the hell is this not "metal?" As far as I'm concerned, anything with harsh vocals, lots of double bass drumwork, bass drops up the wah-zoo, and Drop-A riffing is metal.
    Thank you.
    Bree!Bree!
    lol @ these ****-tards. You have to be deaf to say that any deathcore band sounds like the rest. The same goes for regular death metal bands, none of em sound the same. "hay this sound sounds like every other sound!" ... ****ing retards.
    shredheadted
    When are people gonna realize that some people like things that other people dont? I think all the rap/hip hop stuff sounds the same, so I dont listen to it. I dont type kajillions of characters about how much I dont like it. Anyways, the album in my opinion, is pretty good. they still got the brutality and grooves and all the good stuff people like whitechapel for. I like this is exile more because...IDK. I think in this album they knda lost something, but I cant place my finger on it. Solid album though. 8.
    g27dude
    ClassicalDoom wrote: Punk led to hardcore, a simply heavier sounding style of punk music. Hadcore music then gave it's influence to metal creating metalcore. but then every style subgenre and form of music, basically any prefix, got the "-core" simply because it has hints of a hardcore style of music to it. it doesnt matter what comes before it,the "-core" simply means it came from hardcore. hows that for history, kitties?
    People throw core behind everything with rhythmic sections in it. It's all heavy music. Just enjoy it. lol
    umbrella666
    I used to think bands like Whitechapel were a joke. But then I listened to Possession and This is Exile and I was just blown away. Now I listen to these guys everyday. I'm even listening to them right now!