A New Era Of Corruption review by Whitechapel

• Released: Jun 8, 2010
Whitechapel: A New Era Of Corruption

This album is a big change from the previous two. There are solos now, breakdowns are less present and blast beats are no longer everywhere. There is some very nice riffs and fills, such as the part after the first chorus on "Murder Sermon". The vocals are, suprisingly, much better then they already were (that's saying something).

The lyrics on this album are pretty good. Phil has so much skill and there some memorable lines, such as "Now the world can rest in peace forever" as heard in "The Darkest Day Of Man". One thing that could be improved, on the other hand, is the lyrical throw every now and again but it doesn't ruin anything. Also, Chino's guest vocals are terrible.

Overall, this album is just fantastic! It surpasses the epic "Somatic Defilement" - what an achievement - and also "This Is Exile" which was a disapointment in my eyes anyway. It's definatly worth full asking price and I'm looking forward to more in the future.

I_slit_throats
    Thomas Vela wrote: people, we shouldn't argue genres (tho there are some really shitty deathcore bands) we should be proud for any from of metal, instead of saying "**** suicide silence" or "**** deathcore" we should say "**** mainstream pop" or "**** justin beiber". just because some bands dont have wut you call talent (i think system of a down has almost no talent) dont mean we should hate the whole genre, we should be proud that we dont rap or sing with a mic that connects to your ear so you could dance. lol
    Damn straight