A New Era Of Corruption review by Whitechapel

• Released: Jun 8, 2010
Whitechapel: A New Era Of Corruption

Ok. I am reviewing this album a month before their new album comes out. This is my first experience with Whitechapel and I love them. The album title comes from the song "Possessed Off" of "This Is Exile". I saw these guys live on the "Welcome To Hell" tour and I was very impressed. Now let me say this, I have been listening to metal of some form for 25 years. These guys are my favorite band. I am usually not a bandwagon guy, but Whitechapel is the real deal and this album is great. I have let so many people listen to it and now they are fans. Phil Bozeman and company are the real deal.

The reason Whitechapel are an excellent band is their name for one. It's a town that Jack the Ripper terrorized back in the day. Secondly the lyrics. Here is a little example: "kill everything that you love...", "I am everything that you hate..." That is death metal as hell. Now I know that they are deathcore and there is mo denying it. But damn they do it well. The breakdowns are timed well and the three guitar attack just makes it heavy as hell. Phil sounds like a serial killer with his vocal delivery and the musicianship is tight. All the songs are excellent.

Whitechapel is by far in a league of their own. Better than Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin and Carnifex. The best songs on the album are "Reprogrammed To Hate", "Darkest Day Of Man", and "Murder Sermon". Not a sleeper in the bunch. All well executed and delivered like a knockout punch. These guys will be on Mayhem Tour in 2012 and if you have any doubts go see them live!