Against The World review by Winds of Plague

• Released: Apr 19, 2011
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Winds of Plague: Against The World

Honestly, I'd chalk this one up to standard Winds Of Plague. The album cover basically foreshadows the album's sound: it doesn't really break new ground. Chugging riffs, powerful roars of symphonic sound provided by the keys, and vocals to top it off. It mirrors "Great Stone War" in terms of sound structure, but every certain songs like "California" showcase some of the band's other influences besides metal. It's an album you can listen too, but not one that'd I'd put on my top 10 list.

Again, typical Winds Of Plague. These lyrics would easily win over a crowd, but when your driving to work or just listening casually at home, it's hard to get amped. Choruses are catchy and allow for the listener to pickup the lyrics quickly, but most of the songs feel like a broken record. Rather, the band doesn't try too hard to fix what isn't broken at all.

Winds Of Plague is still a great group, and I do say that this album is worth at least a glance at. The guitars are solid, the keys in this album shine and add a different texture to the sound, and the feel is easily geared towards a live performance setting. I enjoyed the majority of this album, but not to the point of paying 14$ for it. I was fortunate enough to get it for half that, and I feel like this album should have been priced around the 10$ range. If you like Winds Of Plague, you won't be dissapointed. If you like deathcore with a twist or just in general, you'll enjoy this album. If you are looking for something new and exciting from this band, there isn't too much to find in "Against The World". I would say try it before you buy it. Still, Winds Of Plague delivers a solid album that meets the needs of its fan base, and that is worth checking this album out.

EpiExplorer
    Awful band, awful music, no wonder they got a a '1' in Terrorizer. This band are the Limp Bizkit of the 2000's.
    flyboyC17
    Saw them live opening for As I Lay Dying and was not impressed. Literally just breakdown after breakdown after breakdown. I liked the drumming though.
    BwareDWare94
    This band really is terrible. I saw them open for As I Lay Dying and all they did is chug and scream "FUCK!" over and over again. It was like listening to a bunch of adolescents that had come upon instruments and a microphone. This review has some good pieces, but you really need to get ahold of your spelling, man. The sentence structure really needs work as well. Keep working at it. There's some promise here.
    Loki_37
    Hahahaha....Well the content of the review was alright. But they're kinda bad.
    gitarheroexprt
    i thought i'd give em the benefit of the doubt, since i've only seen them once. But ya, with all of the great new bands being formed and touring, it's hard to get behind this band at all. Maybe if i was drunk enough...no i'd still be able to choose which CD i'd listen to