Decimate The Weak review by Winds of Plague

• Released: Feb 5, 2008
Winds of Plague: Decimate The Weak

Winds Of Plague have come a very long way from where they started as a band. With numerous line-up changes over the years, they've finally found ground on which they have their best to date sound. They've improved as musicians and have become incredibly versatile in creating the perfect riff. Going from hardcore to metal in the course of three years is a very hard feat for a band coming from where they have, and they've pulled it off with such grace that it looks like a mere child could do it. With strong Death Metal elements and Keyboards adding to their touch, Winds of Plague is an extremely unique band with and even more unique sound.

The band has matured as a group very much over the past 3 years since their last release, A Cold Day In Hell. Their lyrics incorporate a little bit of the same style as before, such as brotherhood and sticking with your friends, but they also have been influenced by hard years on the road and much more. Jon will be singing about life itself in its fragility while still sounding extremely pissed off. Their style matches the lyrics extremely well and they deserve the recognition.

Winds of Plague has captured my attention as if they bashed my skull against the pavement, strapped me to a chair, and forced me to watch them. The brutal strung out attack straight from hell is what they give with this album and I would gladly buy it again. There is nothing I don't like about it, and Anthems Of Apocalypse is my favorite song off the entire album. It's a remade version of the original on A Cold Day In Hell, played a little bit slower than the original. My next favorite track is Angels of Debauchery, remade from their 2006 Promotional Sampler EP played a little bit faster than the original. This band does not compare to anything I've ever listened to before, and will be on my mp3 on repeat for months to come.

Martyrdoom
    I got mine today, brutal stuff!! I love it when bands have that unique quality to their sound.
    reservedforchoi
    It's a great album, and although many of the songs are just re-recorded old tracks, they sound new and very clean a professional. This album is a good effort. I love the song "Anthems of Apocalypse." Winds of Plague is good stuff. Their unique approach to writing Death Metal with hardcore breakdowns and keyboard parts keep them from blending into the much stale death metal scene of today.
    Mcfraggins
    These guys are good, one of the best things about them is their keyboards, they add the "epic" feeling to nearly every breakdown and awesome riff, makes me feel like I'm in Egypt half the time.
    I_Am_In_Flames
    Abosolutely love this band!! The band their touring with right now Dead to Fall are badass also! Check em' out.
    rahnercore
    Seeing this band TONIGHT. Bought this CD, and it became one my my favorites within a day or two.
    Infamou$17
    I failed to see anything great on this album. Just another sh*tty keyboard-deathcore band. WHITECHAPEL is keeping it fresh.