Decimate The Weak review by Winds of Plague

• Released: Feb 5, 2008
Winds of Plague: Decimate The Weak

Winds of Plague is unlike many other bands. They have successfully fused together different sounds to get a new sound. I'm not one for labels, but to get an idea Winds of Plague is essentially death metal with the synthesizer of black metal and a little bit of Hardcore thrown in. Oh, and they keep it brutal. I love death metal. I love epicness. Winds of Plague makes Intensely epic death metal. I have to say at first listen I didn't think they were that great, but upon listening more I discovered how original/inventive the band is. Definately one of my favorite bands out there today.

The lyrics aren't anything new really. They deal mostly with ideas of war, death, and of course apocalypse. What is amazing is the vocal performance Johnny Plague puts forward. Plague uses combinations of Hardcore-esque higher screams and guttural screams from below.

The most impressive songs off Decimate the Weak, in my opinion, are Unbreakable, Anthems of Apocalypse, and One Body Too Many. Unbreakable for it's excellent guitar work, Anthems for it's overall sound, vocals, etc., and One Body Too Many for it's insanely epic keys. The only song I don't like... in fact, I think I hate it, is Reloaded. With lyrics like "What the Fk is up Motherfkrs, 2008 Sht" it's very weak compared to the other songs on the album. The thing I hope for Winds of Plague, is that they will not become too popular that they change their style (Job For A Cowboy). If you like Death Metal and Hardcore and are looking for a band who has some originality in the otherwise blending together genre, I'd say pick this one up.

guitar_freak91
    haha as for the second reviewer. JFAC got better with their sound change. pig squeals are for bands that try to be death metal but aren't. in fact, these guys are very MUCH like JFAC with the genre changing. if you compare this album to their older one, "A Cold Day In Hell", its lost almost all deathcore elements except the occasional breakdown. they're more Death Metal now, just as JFAC is.
    lifer0727
    Brutal. I've listened to the album everyday for the past month and it's still amazing.
    xguffx
    this is what its about all that 2008 shit...lol. This band is great, the guitar work is amazing and so damn good live.