Wintersun review by Wintersun

• Released: Sep 13, 2004
Wintersun: Wintersun

This album is a very good album. The sound Wintersun has created with their music is very unique. It sounds like black metal combined with power metal. This is a very melodic album also, sorta technical with great keyboards and guitars. On some songs there are just beautiful heart moving riffs.

The lyrics on this album are very poetic. The lyrics go very well with the music and the singer is great. What is so good about the singer is that he screams and growls and stuff but he can also actually sing, and when he has a clean voice it goes very well with the music.

This is a great album, if you can enjoy this album even if you dont really like metal that much. If your a fan of bands like old Children of bodom, Turisas or Amon Amarth you'll love this album. My favorite tracks on this cd are Beyond the dark sun, sleeping stars, battle against time, and death and the healing. All the tracks on the album are great though.

Maulros
    Drumms are played by Kai Hahto of ROTTEN SOUND! And this album is 10/10. When me and my brother listened this two years a go we both rated this best album of 2004! - Awesome!
    stygian87
    and its jari maenpaa, not jerry , but it is a very good album it is indeed one of the best of 2004
    br4d
    I cant wait untill they start for them to produce another album and hopefully go on a north american tour...
    falafel
    the best 'new' artist of the 21th century, can't wait 'till the new record
    PhayX
    jari is a real guitar hero, his solos are just amazing and his riffs are also perfect. I usually don't like Death Metal, I like Ensiferum very much. But when I saw a live video of Death and the Healing I was totally convinced, that they're even better than Ensiferum. After 20 seconds watching this video Death and the Healing was my favorite song for all time. Best band ever! Jari is a great musician and a genius!
    Vogel
    Yes i can totally agree with you ... its one of the best metal album at all... i'm waiting for their new album in 2008...